Tokyo is part Kantō region… What the heck is Kantō right?
Well… As you know, there are 47 prefectures all together. But they are also all part of particular regions… and there are 8 of them. “Regions” are not an official administrative units but it definitely help you to know especially when you’re trying to find where you want to go and how far the place is…
For an example, “Tokyo” is part of Kantō region. Kanagawa (… where Yokohama is) is also part of this same region.
Here’s the map of Japan with its regions and prefectures.
– Tōhoku (This is where Fukushima is.)
– Kantō (Largest city in Kanto is Tokyo.)
– Chūbu (You’ve probably heard of Nagoya before. Nagoya is in Chubu.)
– Kansai or Kinki (This is where the famous Osaka is. And also Kyoto.)
– Chūgoku (Hiroshima is in Chugoku.)
– Shikoku (Largest city in in Shikoku is Matsuyama)
– Kyūshū (+ Okinawa) (Largest city in Kyūshū is Fukuoka)
Stay updated on our Facebook page